We are currently enrolling for 2022 and look forward to welcoming you and your family to our school. Contact us to book a private school tour or call 9416 7200.
The Seven Habits of Empowered Children
Holy Family Catholic Primary School is a community of learners working together to help prepare our children to be able to contribute to our local and global community.
We focus on leadership, the 7 Habits and how we can strive to do better. We teach and lead the younger students to be better versions of themselves and to be a leader not a follower. Our school motto is strength and gentleness.
“We want children to find their voice, find their place and see that they’ve got something to contribute,” said Lou Dogao, the Principal.
At Holy Family the Senior Students are school leaders and act as role models for the younger children.
All children in years six and five are leaders and it is expected they will take on extra responsibilities. As well as this, some children from year six are chosen through a process of discernment by students and staff to take leadership positions for the year.
When students are in Year six, they will have a buddy in kindy. The buddies take special care of the younger children as they settle into school life. Buddies can check up on the younger children during break times and can be a friendly face to go to in times of need. The Year 6 buddies sometimes help their Kindergarten friends in their classrooms.
Holy Family Lindfield is a small school but always try to provide big opportunities for children of all different abilities and aspirations.
There are many opportunities for students to participate in activities which are additional to the key curriculum.
- Extra-curricular opportunities including band and string ensemble, choir, debating, maths olympiad, tournament of minds
- External opportunities including dance classes, chess, Mandarin classes and Da Vinci Decathlon
Our school is fortunate to have access to great facilities, including:
- Classrooms equipped with current technology and agile furniture
- A fully equipped canteen
- A multipurpose hall and A/V facilities with sound room, stage and toilet facility. Used for drama, physical education, gymnastics program, school assemblies etc.
- Basketball courts, soccer goals
- A library where children can borrow books on a weekly basis and the library transforms into a STEAM class one day a week
- A music room
- Outdoor play areas to meet the needs of our diverse range of students with a ramped entrance and a lift, a sandpit, playground, a sensory garden with musical instruments, shaded area and large well maintained grass
Check out what else we can offer your child.
Mission and vision
Our school was founded in the Brigidine tradition, and the values and charism that Saint Brigid promoted are embedded into our mission and vision statements. Throughout the school, we have shared values which provide staff, parents and children with the language to discuss behaviour in a consistent way.
Our Brigidine values are reflected in our school rules: I am Respectful, I am Responsible and I am a Learner.